I decided not to put the frosting on my cookies and they were soooo good light n fluffy. Keep an eye on them when they are in the oven, mine only took about 3-5 mins. at 350 almost lost the first batch,
caught them just in time! The only cake mix I had on hand had sprinkles mixed in.
- box white cake mix (you could use any flavor Im sure they would be yummy)
- cup all-purpose flour
- cup vegetable oil
- tablespoons sour cream
- cup sugar (for pressing cookies)
- 3 3/4
- cups powdered sugar
- teaspoon salt
- cup butter, softened
- cup milk
- teaspoon vanilla
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
- 2In large bowl, stir together cake mix and flour. Add oil, sour cream and eggs; beat with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
- 3Using 1-inch cookie scoop, shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheets. With bottom of drinking glass dipped in sugar, flatten balls of dough (dip glass in sugar for each ball).
- 4Bake about 10 minutes or until just about set. Cool on cookie sheets 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- 5In medium bowl, beat Frosting ingredients until smooth and fluffy. If too stiff to spread, add a few more drops of milk. Frost cooled cookies; sprinkle with decors.